Art Submission Guidelines
Preferred File Types
No matter what file type you currently have we will be able to produce great artwork for your product. However, not all files are made equal and some are better than others. Here is a list of file types that will produce the best possible imprint:
- Hardcopy: Clean crisp black & white artwork should be supplied on a maximum size of 11”x14″ paper. We require color separations or one copy of the outline in black and white and a second copy indicating color placement, preferably with pantone colors or an accurate color key. It is best to receive your hard copy artwork at 100% “to size.” If not “to size,” please be certain to specify final size.
- Electronic File: We work on the Macintosh OSX system, Our art department uses Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, and PDF Formats. If the file was created in Photoshop, we prefer it to be saved as a PSD file, with the artwork 100% to size and the resolution at a minimum of 300 dpi. If sending an Illustrator file or Corel Draw File, we prefer an EPS or PDF file. Always convert all fonts to paths. As a precautionary measure, you should send all fonts used in the file as well.
- Photoshop files: These files should be saved as PSD files. Resolution is important when dealing with Photoshop files. To get a crisp image on your shirt, we need the file to be 300 dpi (dots per inch) if the file is 100% to size. The document must be created at this resolution or higher.
- Halftones: Normal art halftones should be 55 lpi.
- Four color process: If you choose to supply your own film for a four color process, please note that it must be 65lpi.with a right reading emulsion up.
- Emailing Artwork: Save the artwork as one of the files discussed above and attach to your email message.
File Types That Require Redraws or Modification
- Files set up for a Web presentation, such as low resolution JPEG, GIF, PNG, etc.
- Any artwork imported into a word processing program such as: Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
Note: Faxed artwork is NOT clear enough to reproduce on your imprint and will require a redraw.
We will, however, accept ANY of the above files but just allow extra time for your art proofs to be setup. If you have questions about any file types, please contact the art department via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a specific font is used in your artwork, please email the actual font to the art department.
- If submitting an EPS or AI file, please outline all the fonts.
- In some instances we have to recreate your artwork and an alternate font might be used. We have over 5000 fonts available and will present the best option to you. If we do not have your specific font, we may be able to purchase it for an additional charge.
Note: Your artwork will be kept on file for up to 4 years. As long as you re-order the item with the exact same imprint within this period, we can re-use your screens and only a small re-set up charge will apply.
4 years ago / No Comments